12.17.2008

notes on a birthday

Every so often, I come dangerously close to over-thinking my entire existence; that or wishing for the one that looks closer to the picture in the magazine. But I've been meditating (and therefore breathing) much more deeply these past few months, and progress has been made. Hooray.

On Saturday, as I was driving to a friend's boyfriend's birthday party, I hit a speed bump - a figurative one - by letting myself get lost in thoughts about life and the living of it. More specifically - and rather unfortunately - this train of thought was about my life and the not living of certain parts of it. I had pulled out my whip and was using it to whoop. Ouch. 

Then, suddenly, this flowed uninterrupted through my mind:

"Make a habit
of loving where you are
and forgiving yourself
for where you're not.
These practices
will bring in
a sense of peace
which is necessary
to be able
to thrust yourself forward
into the chaos
that breeds
fulfilled success."

I pulled over, wrote it down, stared at it, and smiled. Then I copied it into Jerry's birthday card. And then we celebrated.

No comments:

Post a Comment